1. The World Sturgeon Conservation Society (WSCS) is an International Non-Profit Association that focuses exclusively and directly on non-profit goals. It acts selflessly and serves primarily non-profit-oriented purposes. Its legal office is registered at Neu Wulmstorf, Schifferstrasse 48, 21629, Germany.
The objectives of the society are:
• to foster the conservation of sturgeon species and restoration of sturgeon stocks world-wide
• to support the information exchange among all persons interested in sturgeons.
• to promote information exchange with national, regional, international, inter-governmental organisations, educational institutions (e.g. university and scientific institutes) and non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
• to foster and support interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research on all aspects of sturgeons (e.g. biology, management and utilisation of sturgeons).
• to enhance the co-operation between and among anglers, fishermen, scientists, governmental agencies, local communities and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and international organisations.
• to inform the public on all aspects of the status and biology of sturgeons, requirements for their effective species protection, and needs for appropriate management. The tools to achieve this objective include the use of adequate and modern publications and means of communication as well as the organisation of international conferences.
4. For any personal data provided to, or collected by the World Sturgeon Conservation Society and V. the data controller is World Sturgeon Conservation Society e. V., in the person of the President of the association, Address: Schifferstrasse 48 – 21629 – Neu Wulmstorf, Germany, Telephone : ++ 49 40-700 65 14, Email: email@example.com
5. According to Article 4 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, “personal data” means “any information relating to a natural person identified or identifiable, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”; “processing” means “any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction”.
6. The provision of personal data is not mandatory, but the refusal would prevent the WSCS to be able to provide in favour of the member any service requested.
Your personal data will/may be collected and processed by WSCS for the following purposes:
6.1. Management of members (treatment aimed at making associative life possible)
6.2. Fulfilment of tax or accounting obligations
6.3. Possible contact request, associated with the provision of information requested by you – The legal basis of the processing is the execution of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the same (Article 6 (1) (b) of the Regulation) as the treatment is necessary for the provision of the Service.
6.4. Processing membership subscriptions and renewals;
6.5. Managing membership portfolio;
6.6. Sending services by electronic mail (including sending our newsletter or circular letters, information on our International Sturgeon Symposia or other meetings, project news and other news or information)
6.7. Responding to inquiries by members and/or third parties;
6.8. Managing sponsorship, grant support and other sources of funding;
6.9. Managing activities related to the application and implementation of research projects;
6.10. Implementing a database, accessible exclusively to members in good standing (member area), only after their voluntary acceptance of public access to your data, eventually enriched also with information on your competences, field of activities and work in progress, to make possible the interaction with other members;
6.11. Other activities related to WSCS statutory objectives, and to fulfill the obligations provided for by law, regulation or community legislation.
• technical data, including your access information, version and type of browser, operating system and platform, page response times and download errors;
• duration of visits to certain pages, information on the interaction of pages.
• any personal data you have communicated by writing to the email address listed in the contact section.
7. The personal data provided will be communicated to recipients who will process the data as managers (Article 28 of EU Reg. 2016/679) and / or as authorized natural persons acting under the authority of the Data Controller and Responsible (Article 29 of EU Reg. 2016/679), for the purposes listed above. Precisely, the data will be communicated to:
• Supervisory and control authorities;
• President of the association and board of directors, foundation committee;
• Authorized persons;
• External managers (for organization of conferences and/or events);
• Companies (consulting, accounting services, IT).
The subjects belonging to the aforesaid categories perform the function of Data Processor, or operate as System Administrators (Personal Data Protection Authority of June 25, 2009).
8. WSCS may and must transfer the data to third countries both EU and non-EU (with adequate guarantees) in which the members of the association and the members of the board of directors reside. The list of EU and non-EU countries is present on the site.
9. The data processing will be carried out in an automated and manual way, with methods and tools aimed at guaranteeing maximum security and confidentiality, by subjects specifically appointed to do so.
In compliance with the provisions of art. 5 paragraph 1 letter e) of Reg. UE 2016/679 the personal data collected will be stored in a form that allows identification of data subjects for a period of time related to the achievement of the purposes for which the personal data are processed and anyway for not less than ten years.
The retention of personal data provided depends on the purpose of the processing, timing determined on the basis of criteria that the interested party can have information by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. The processing of personal data by WSCS shall be without prejudice to all the rights conferred to you as data subject by Articles 15-21 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, namely the:
• Right to have access to your own personal data processed by WSCS and to receive the information on the persons or third parties who have directly or indirectly access to them stored in WSCS databases;
• Right to rectify and change data in your membership profile or obtain from WSCS the rectification without undue delay of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
• Right to obtain from WSCS the restriction of processing of your personal data where they are inaccurate or no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were processed, but you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of your legal claims;
• Right to obtain from WSCS the deletion without undue delay of your personal data where they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were processed, or they have been unlawfully processed, or you have exercised your right of withdrawal of consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
• Right to require WSCS to provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and where technically feasible, to transmit your data directly to another controller of your choice (right to data portability);
• Right to object at any time to processing of personal data where they are processed for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing;
• Right to protect your personal data from unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage caused by intentional or untimely concealment, and the right for protection from information which is unreliable or harms the person’s honour, dignity, and business reputation;
• Right to notify a breach or lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority https://www.privacycommission.be to safeguard your rights of personal data protection;
• Right to withdraw your consent to processing your personal data at any time by contacting the WSCS Home Office by email to: email@example.com
This Privacy Statement serves as an integral part of the terms and conditions of all events organized by WSCS which may require you to provide your personal data for registration purposes.
The title holder of the Data is WSCS. The updated list of data controllers is kept at the WSCS registered office upon specific request.